Having a basket for things just makes me happy. My hubby laughs at me because I literally have a basket for almost everything and it’s always my first proclamation when we see a need for some sort of organization around the house that “ We need a basket for this!”,then I quickly get to work making it happen. It just makes my life at home little easier knowing exactly where supplies are and it works great for me.
Bath time with my Baby Love is honestly one of the activities with him that I look forward to each day. It’s relaxing and fun for him and he’s starting to really splash around! This is one time during our day that we read together and is also one of many times that I talk to him during our day, as it helps him hear language being used so he can eventually speak the language when its time.
I use and highly recommend this 4Moms bathtub. My baby still needs get a little bigger to be ready to move into the regular tub. Below are the items that I include Jacob’s bath time basket, conveniently kept under the sink nice and tidy. I try to keep it stocked so that I can minimize running back and forth to grab supplies I may have forgotten. Below you’ll find my Baby Bath Time Essentials:
- Extra diapers and baby wipes for any unexpected potty issues… we all know that babies are so unpredictable so you have to be ready for anything!
- Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented bar soap and Shea Moisture Raw Shea Chamomile & Argan Oil Head To Toe Baby Wash and Shampoo – mainly use the Dove but use the Shea Moisture occasionally when I want a little scent and want to use something that’s still gentle on his skin.
- Soft baby washcloths
- Hooded baby towel- similar found here
- Baby Aquaphor Healing Ointment– this is such a great product. I love that it’s a multi-purpose ointment. Can be used as an all over moisturizer, a diaper rash ointment, and much more. I love that it is gentle on his skin and very moisturizing when applied to skin that is a little damp and has been just lightly patted dry to seal in moisture.
- Baby Nail brush- I found mine at BuyBuy Baby –works great and so cute and tiny! This is perfect for little fingernails and toenails. A clean toothbrush designated for this job works great as well.
- Mini Bath books by Garanimals and a Rubber Ducky for fun!
- ZoLi BUZZ B. Nail Trimmer/buffing system– allows me to file his tiny nails without harming the surrounding skin. I really love this thing- I love how it grows with your baby and can be used from ages 0 months – 12months+. All you have to do is change out the colored cushioned pads based on which age your child is.
- Little Noses Saline drops to clean nose during the bath if necessary
- Baby hair brush/comb
- Extra sleeper and extra onesie with socks just incase I forget to bring the one I want to use that night …think: ”Mommy Brain” at its finest 🙂
- Hair Moisturizer for baby- I now alternate between Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Kids Curling Butter Cream and Organic Coconut oil.
It’s pretty simple and really helps out a lot having all I will need for a bath ready to use each evening! What items do you consider essential for bath time with your baby?
Have a great day!