The Bible is our guide for daily living and we should seek God’s presence continually. Having consistent and daily intimate time with God is a goal that many of us have, but sometimes that goal is difficult to accomplish. We find ourselves racing through life, busy with things to check off of our to-do lists, our work, obligations, relationships, and much more. God actually desires for us to spend quality time with Him each day because He loves us that much! We can choose to spend this quality time with the Lord in the first portion of each day, as well as having mini-moments throughout the day, and also at the end of each day. Some prefer to spend quality time with God through using a combination of all of these methods throughout the course of the day. To worship is to reverence and to honor God. Spending quality time with the Lord each day is a form of worship, which makes God smile. He wants us to know Him, love Him, and worship Him. We always find joy when worshipping Him.
Our faith is further developed each time we fellowship with the Lord, preferably through daily intimate time. We have to be sure that we are truly setting out to enjoy God during this time together and not just simply trying to check something else off of our lists. God wants us to fill each day of our lives with meaning and with purpose. Spending time with Him allows Him to reveal things to us that lead us into meaning and purpose in our lives – His will.
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.” (Romans 10:17)
When preparing to take out some time to spend with God, here are a few things to remember :
- Focus on is TODAY only and the fact that we can have time with Him today. Don’t worry about making promises about tomorrow and thinking of what things we will do tomorrow. Follow Jesus one day at a time, this keeps us in the center of God’s will.
- Bring just a few things such as your Bible, a pen or pencil, phone app or tablet, a notebook, and your coffee or tea.
- Choose a spot that is enjoyable and that is cozy, with a nice ambiance. We should try to let this spot become the designated place that we always go to when spending time with God and for studying His word.
- Write down any prayers, any people that come to mind, as well as things learned while reading. Journaling is such a great tool to use when developing a relationship with God. The journals will also become little keepsake to look back to see just how much maturity has taken place over time and to look back on things we’ve gone through in various seasons of life.
- Forgiving ourselves is allowed! We should never let feelings of failure weigh us down. If we fall short and forget a day or two, we need to acknowledge the shortcoming and ask for God’s forgiveness. We can receive His forgiveness by faith immediately and start again! All that’s left to do is to make every effort in the future to prevent the same events and behaviors that led to the feelings of failure to begin with.
- Remember that He honors the time spent together, regardless of the length of that time. So, we should make the most of the time we have together, as in any relationship. God is delighted anytime we initiate communication and time with Him!
We all can make every effort to love God with every ounce of of our being. A way of us demonstrating this love is by being sure that we are carving out daily intimate time with the Lord. We have to know Him in order to love Him. We get to know Him through spending time with Him and by talking to Him in prayer constantly. Each of us can make the choice that we will cultivate our personal relationship with God each day so that it flourishes.
Additional Verses for Further Study:
“Everybody who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise builder who built a house on bedrock. 25 The rain fell, the floods came, and the wind blew and beat against that house. It didn’t fall because it was firmly set on bedrock. 26 But everybody who hears these words of mine and doesn’t put them into practice will be like a fool who built a house on sand. 27 The rain fell, the floods came, and the wind blew and beat against that house. It fell and was completely destroyed.”
4 Jesus replied, “It’s written, People won’t live only by bread, but by every word spoken by God.”
God, you are great. I love you and I desire to spend time with you. I find my joy in worshipping you. I am honored that you crave time alone with me and that you love me with such intensity. Help me to continually develop my relationship with you. Allow me to hear You clearly as you give directives for my life that allow me to accomplish Your will for me. I am available to You.
Have a great day, everyone!