Well friends…Just like that January is almost over and I now have 1 year old! We had a great Little Lumberjack/Winter “ONE”-derland themed birthday party and a recent 1 year check-up at the Pediatrician! I’m still getting used to it all – five teeth with more on the way, he’s almost walking completely on his own, talking non-stop with a good deal of words in his vocabulary, we are starting the transition from bottles to a straw cup, completely stopping formula, and he is wearing big boy clothes!
The list of new beginnings for us goes on and on and the month seems to have flown by. We have been enjoying using a few items for the past few weeks. Today I’m sharing a range of Mommy & Toddler favorites for the month. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Mommy & Toddler Favorites
*This post contains affiliate links to products that I have personally used and highly recommend.*
- Dr. Smith’s Diaper Rash Ointment– This cream is so effective at preventing and treating diaper rashes! It doesn’t smell the greatest, but it is very effective. I have been using this at primarily at night when the same diaper stays on for an extended period of time so there is no annoying diaper rash in the morning.
- HALO 100% Organic Cotton SleepSack Wearable Blanket- Now that it the nights are consistently colder these have been wonderful for bedtime with a long sleeved onesie and socks underneath. I love that he isn’t able to unzip the SleepSack and that it keeps him safely warm ,but not overheated, in his crib. When he was younger, we loved the Halo Swaddle SleepSacks as well. Read more about Halo sleep sacks here. This is an awesome product and brand!
- iBaby Monitor M6 – We LOVE this baby monitor and have used it for quite some time now. It’s great to be able to access the monitor via the iBaby app on all of our devices such as iPads and iPhones from any location. This feature is perfect for when one of us is away from home and wants to still check on baby. Lately, he has been more willing to nap in his crib during the day and not just sleep in it overnight. Prior to a few months ago, he would prefer his naps during the day to be on the main living floor with us in his play yard. I really like being able to use the speaker option to talk to him, play music for him, make voice recordings for playback to him, the ability to capture moments via screenshot, and the ability to share live footage. The high definition camera is great for having a crystal clear view of him as well.
- Munchkin Mist Wipe Warmer– Having cold wipes in the morning stinks- especially if it’s a winter morning! This wipes warmer has been a great purchase throughout Jacob’s first year and continues to work well for us. He wiggles and whines a lot less when we use the warm wipes to change him in the mornings when he may already be a little more grumpy than usual from just waking up. I love the misting feature that allows you to gently mist the wipes with water to keep them from drying out. We have never had any issues with wipes drying out on us with this one.
- Teensy Fruits by Plum Organics – These have been great for snacking and the flat shape and texture is very toddler friendly. He gobbles these things up! They are made of real fruit and contain all good ingredients, making them a perfect snack, especially on the go.
- ZoLi BUZZ B. – This nail buffing and filing system is wonderful and has been keeping his fast growing nails groomed easily. It allows us to trim Jacob’s nails without harming any surrounding skin and comes with different age appropriate attachments to babies and toddlers ranging from 0 months and up. I like to keep this in his bath time basket. If you missed my Baby Bath-time Essentials post , check it out here.
- VTech Busy Learners Activity Cube– This little activity cube keeps Jacob busy exploring and learning for long increments of time. It features five sides with lots of different things that keep him engaged. It teaches so much from animal names and sounds, to fine motor skill development. We like that it is very portable and easy to take with us when away from home as well.
- Babybanz Earbanz Protective Headphones– These have been good for protecting delicate ears and for use in noisy environments. These are especially great for family trips to the movie theater when babies are younger and are less tolerant of super loud noises 🙂 Most times, he sleeps through a movie or loud event with these on! We have used these since Jacob was very young for church when the music/band is louder, trips to the movies, sporting events, music festivals and carnivals, loud restaurants, and more. They are perfect for us because of my husband’s line of work can get pretty noisy and these protect baby’s ears and block out harmful sound waves. We get tons of questions about them and where to buy every time we use them when out and about. They can be found at BuyBuy Baby/Bed Bath & Beyond and lots of online retailers. I like that they are not really bulky and fit nicely in the baby/toddler bag so we are ready for anything. I absolutely love them!