Is anyone else really excited for the weekend to officially begin?! It’s going to be Jacob’s very first Halloween, so I just can’t wait to dress him up in his little duckling costume!!! We don’t get too much into actual Halloween in my family, but we are going to dress the baby in a cute costume (how could I not!) and hand out candy to the neighborhood kids. With October just about to end, I am looking forward to November and all of the Thanksgiving festivities coming up, as well as my Birthday that’s in early November. Today, l’m all about sharing with you guys our Baby + Mommy Favorites for October. We have constantly used these few things around here. Here’s a quick view of our baby favorite items for the month:
- Mustela Stelatopia– This moisturizing cream has been a true lifesaver lately for Jacob’s dry skin. It is geared toward babies and kids with very dry and/or eczema-prone skin and it has worked wonders for his dry areas. It’s very light and I love that it absorbs easily because these days, I can’t hold him down! He’s all over the place when we try to change his diaper, dress him, or moisturize his skin! This has been used a whole lot for the month of October.
- Halloween Sleep N’ Plays– These were just too cute and are festive without being morbid and scary. No way was I going to pass these up on a trip to Wal-mart a few months ago! I grabbed them and put them away until October officially started, and he’s been wearing them now throughout the month. The little skeleton bones glow in the dark and these are just too adorable!
- 4Moms Breeze Play yard– This has been so convenient for us, making it a definite October baby favorite item! It is honestly the easiest play yard ever to break down, transport all over the house using the handle, and to set up. It breaks down and sets up so quickly and smoothly. We have had this since he was a couple months old and then we used the top bassinet attachment/portion. Now that he is a little older and is on the move more, we use this without that bassinet portion a lot to let him nap occasionally and for him to play in a safe and confined space. This has been really great for travel as well.
- Aden and Anais Burpy Bibs– These bibs have been so great because they are so practical. They have a little cutout that allows it to contour and fit around a baby’s neck and then there’s a snap closure in the back to be worn as a very absorbent and super cute bib. They also can be used as a burp cloth over your shoulder if needed.
- Aden and Anais Bamboo Swaddle Blankets– I LOVE these! Not only are the bamboo ones snuggly soft (they just get softer and softer the more you wash them!), but they can be used in so many ways! We have been using these since day one with baby and they are a nice thin, breathable, material that can be folded to make layers to provide more warmth if needed or used in a single layer to allow more airflow. They can also be burp cloths, a nursing cover, a car seat canopy/cover, or even a large blanket to play on. Jacob and mommy both love to snuggle with these!
- Wubanub– Ok so my little boy is attached to this thing and it’s the cutest thing ever-making it another favorite baby item this month. We actually gave it a nickname once we got home with him from the hospital because it has been his little buddy ever since we introduced them to one-another. We call this little red doggie paci “Wubby.”. He uses the red doggie a lot now for comfort when napping . What I really have loved most is how the animal attached gives the Soothie paci a good weight. Jacob is at the age now that the likes to play the “throw-stuff-and-watch-mommy-and-daddy-pick-it-up” game and this helps the paci not go bouncing all over the place like the regular Soothie.
- Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Learning Puppy– This puppy pal is another baby favorite item this month. It is very interactive and it sings, teaches the alphabet, friendship skills, teaches basic directions, colors, counts, and more. I really like that this toy has 3 different levels of learning to choose from on the settings so it can grow with him.
- Sassy Mickey Feeding Set– Kids love Mickey Mouse and this was just too fun! We are able to only use the spoon, not the fork, when eating right now but he enjoys attempting to self-feed using it.
- Plum Organics Apple and Spinach Puffs– He has been snacking on these to practice grabbing small chunks of finger foods. They are easy to take with us on the go as well.
- The Legend of Spookly The Square Pumpkin– This book has been a favorite of ours from his Fall-themed book basket for the entire month. The Disney Junior Channel has been playing the movie version of this all month as well, which has been a plus!
Overall, that’s all of what we’ve been using a bunch for October! He is growing and changing so much each day and I can’t wait to share next month’s favorites with you! If you enjoyed this type of post on favorites for the month, check out last month’s Baby + Mommy Favorites right here. I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween weekend!
What are you or your kids dressing up as this year? There are some really funny costumes out this Halloween!