I wanted to share just a few of my picks for great Fall children’s books that I have used in the past in my classroom and that I currently use at home with Jacob. I like to keep themed book baskets with lots of fiction and non fiction selections to choose from for our reading times. He really likes listening to stories and looking at the pictures-it’s really cute 🙂 These Fall children’s books are great early childhood selections. One includes a bit of rhyme and repetition, some teach cause and effect, and also sequencing skills. These are all equally great for helping young children make connections between what they are reading and what goes on in their own lives. Two of these selections also have YouTube read aloud versions you may enjoy during story time, on the go, or just the audio during nap/quiet time, just as we have. I have been sure to include the videos for the two that have read aloud versions down below. Just click the book titles for a summary and where to buy!
- Leaves by David Ezra Stein
- The Leaves Are Falling One by One by Steve Metzger
- A Day at the Pumpkin Patch by Megan Faulkner & Adam Krawesky
- Clifford’s Puppy Days: The Silly Scarecrow by Scholastic
- The Seasons: Fall by Nuria Roca
- When the Leaf Blew In by Steve Metzger